It’s hard to believe that twenty-five years have passed since Patrick Swayze first showed us his moves in Dirty Dancing.
Although Swayze passed away three years ago, his role in the film continues to live on forever.
As for Jennifer Grey (Baby), she recently won a season of Dancing with the Stars. We can’t help but wonder if her training for the 1987 film helped in any way.
The star who played Baby’s older sister in the film, Jane Brucker, has worked on small projects including Wiseguy, Ellen, and Stealing Home.
In honor of the film’s 25th anniversary, here are some things you did not know about Dirty Dancing:
- The film received an initial rating of “R” from the Ratings Board
- The movie was filmed in North Carolina and Virginia, despite its “Catskills” setting
- The film almost did not happen when the MGM executive who signed the deal was fired two weeks later
- Swayze and Grey disliked each other
- Swayze performed all of his own stunts in the film including the log scene where he injured himself several times
- Crew had to spray-paint leaves around the lake green when fall’s changing colors approached
- The actress who was supposed to play Baby’s mother was replaced one day into filming
You can watch the original Dirty Dancing by clicking here.