Claire Danes was born on this day in 1979 in New York City to Carla, a day-care provider and artist, and Christopher, a computer consultant and photographer. Danes first came to fame when she appeared as Angela Chase in ‘My So-Called Life,’ in which she earned an Emmy nomination and a Golden Globe Award.
Here are some fun facts about Claire that you probably didn’t know!
- Grew up in SoHo, New York City.
- Took a break from Hollywood in 1998 to attend Yale University majoring in psychology but left after 2 years, returning to her acting career.
- Was the first choice for the role of Rose in ‘Titanic’ but turned it down.
- Several songs have been written about her or at least mention her name.
- Was banned from the Philippines for making derogatory remarks about the country.
- Auditioned for the role of Lisa Rowe, played by Angelina Jolie, in ‘Girl, Interrupted’.